By Lisa Drew Wellness
Serving: Makes 12 bars
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup organic creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons organic vanilla extract
- 1 cup oat flour 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup almond milk (I use Silk Original Almond Milk)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (I use Ghiardelli or Hershey’s Dark chocolate chips; use dairy free chocolate chips to make vegan)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (or whichever mix-ins you’d like)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds (or whichever nut you choose: pistachio, walnut, macadamia)
Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, combine oat flour, oats, salt, baking soda and cinnamon; set aside.
With an electric mixer mix the brown sugar and peanut butter on medium speed until light in color and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Mix in the vanilla, scraping down the sides as needed.
Fold in the oat flour, oats, salt, baking soda and cinnamon. Slowly add the almond milk in a steady stream, mixing until a dough forms. Fold in chocolate chips, sliced almonds, and dried cranberries. Use your hands to make sure everything is combined.
Once dough is completely combined, transfer and press it lightly into the prepared baking dish. Bake for about 17-20 minutes until the bars are lightly golden and set. Allow to cool completely and cut into squares.
**Keep in the refrigerator in a covered container. Bars will be good stored up to 2 weeks. However, I don’t think they will last long since they taste so good!
Lisa Drew Wellness
Life is a journey…Live healthy along the way!!!
Lisa Drew Wellness • Comprehensive Chiropractic 2200 W. Hamilton St., Ste 215 Allentown, PA 18104