Holidays are the time of year when JOY fills the air. Everyone is bustling, making plans, cooking special foods and deciding on gifts for loved ones. It’s easy to get caught up in the frenzy with sounds, scents and visuals. It might even feel overwhelming if you’re trying to do it all!
What if, you took some time to slow down, enjoy the moments, and feel the feelings? Follow these simple steps, incorporating some ancient tools of Feng Shui, the art of placement, to see how you can stay connected to yourself and your own happiness, during this holiday season!
- Keep in mind, that less is more! A few, beautiful and tasteful decorations will go a long, long way vs. overkill of uncoordinated holiday splash!
- Create a welcoming approach to your front door. Lights and color outside will help people feel cheerful as they approach your home!
- The scent of cookies baking brings a smile to anyone’s face. Consider making fresh baked goods to take as gifts or provide for people who serve you year round (i.e. your co-workers, bankers, postal delivery person). Tip: Spreading Joy returns Joy many times over to you!
- With all the activities, remember to schedule time for yourself. Schedule a night alone in your favorite, comfy chair reading a book while listening to soothing music. Take a break from cell phones, computers and TV’s!
- Take a day off and drive to the shore where you’ll breathe in the negative ions. Closer to home, add water to your tub along with Epson salts and lavender oil. Submerge and enjoy!
- Volunteer to help a non-profit with their holiday activities. Spreading good will to those less fortunate can only bring joy to your life!
- This is a time when there are many YANG (busy, loud, fast paced) activities. Be sure to incorporate some YIN (calm, quiet, slow) ideas such as: listen to a meditation CD, attend a meditation or tai chi class, or simply stop and take several deep breaths. You can create an oasis in a second, simply by tuning out and turning inward.
Remember that anyone you meet may be feeling stress in their lives, despite their outward appearance. Smile, say hello, and send each person that comes along your path a little bit of compassion. What you give out will return to you many times, and you will add a little positive energy everywhere you go!
Carol Cannon, a graduate of the New York School of Feng Shui has been a Feng Shui Practitioner since 1993. She is also certified as a BBEC (Building Biologie™ Environmental Consultant) and a Master Himalayan Singing Bowl Practitioner. A resident of Emmaus, PA, Carol’s passion is to help people find peace and joy in their lives. https://www.facebook.com/CarolCannonGroup